Friday, 21 May 2010

While planting some flowers I found a cocoon that was red and when I poked it the top would move, what is it?

It was literally in the dirt when I found it. It scared me because I've never seen such a thing. I tried picking it up with a spoon but I guess I harmed it because it started to foam and drip. I've tried looking on the internet but no luck. It was about the six of half a pinkey and it was blood red with some black lines. On one top it was pointy and everytime I poked it that point woulld rotate. WHAT IS IT?!

While planting some flowers I found a cocoon that was red and when I poked it the top would move, what is it?
It's definitely a grub which has developed to a June bug ready to emerge. They eat the roots of just about everything. I hope you didn't put it back in the ground. Get some Grub X and follow the directions. Grubs can destroy a lawn or garden in a very short period of time. After they spend some time feeding on roots they emerge as a beetle known as a June Bug. They then lay more eggs and the process starts all over again. Grub killer should be put down twice during the growing season. The instructions for your zone will tell you when.
Reply:I did some research on Yahoo Answers and it could be Moth Larvae....or any kind of bug larvae...the best thing to do is to leave them alone.....





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...





^^ This question I found is similar





I hope that this matches the description. If not then I have never heard of anything like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment