Monday, 16 November 2009

Does anyone know a lot obout peoms? I don't this last line on this one.....?

Ok, heres how the peom goes:


For lo, the winter is past,


the rain is over and gone,


the flowers appear on the eath;


the time of the singing of birs is come,


and the voice of the turtle is hear in our land.





I don't get the past line at all....the other ones make some kind of sence to me, but not the last one.

Does anyone know a lot obout peoms? I don't this last line on this one.....?
Yeah that translation didn't work so well. It's part of the Song of Solomon 2 (apparently also known as the Song of Songs) from the bible.


My beloved spake, and said unto me,


10 My beloved spake, and said unto me,


11 For, lo, the winter is past,


the rain is over and gone;


12 the flowers appear on the earth;


the time of the singing of birds is come,


and the voice of the turtle(-dove)is heard in our land.
Reply:All I ever heard a turtle do was hiss, I didn't think they made any other noise. I suppose there is a certain time in the spring when turtles come, out or maybe they have a mating call.


No comments:

Post a Comment