Monday, 11 May 2009

Need write a "Life Line" essay for AP Language: meaning an essay on a person who "saved my life".not literally

It could be anyone- even a kid in 5th grade who invited you to eat lunch with him and "saved your life". It is based on Maya Angelou's "Life Line" who was a neigbor named Mrs. Flowers who took notice in Maya while others didn't. I do not know who to write about. Do you think I should write about my cousin who taught me a lot of things and was always there for me because she's the only girl in her house and I am the only girl in my house (with 4 brothers) so she was like my sisterly figure and helped me with life...Do you this is a good thing to write on? Well obviously not everyone is going to have such serious topics like Maya Angelou (she was raped at a young age), but it's good enough, right?





How do you think I could spice up the essay and make it interesting? Sensory (five senses), imagery, flasback, etc%26gt;???

Need write a "Life Line" essay for AP Language: meaning an essay on a person who "saved my life".not literally
you could use your cousin.
Reply:I think writing about your cousin will be perfect, since it came to your mind first. It sounds like she had a lifeline roll.





Talk about the age you were, what was rough about that age, how tough it was to be the only sister amongst all brothers. As you write you'll remember funny anecdotes...try to remember the first time you realized that your cousin made you feel like you weren't alone.





In this you will naturally be doing a "flashback". I'm sure when you describe the antics of 4 brothers you will hit many senses ("smell" comes to mind)...teehee.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment