Monday, 11 May 2009

I would like to identify a tree in my yard?

Hi, first of all I aplogize because I know next to nothing about trees or plants so any help I'd appreciate. Okjay, there are two trees in my backyard. They're the same kind, both are taller than I am and I'm over 6 feet. On their branches there are little twigs that each have four leaves two on each side. The leaves are round and are biggest in the middle. At the topmost part is a little bulb that has sprouted little flowers that are long pink basically straight lines with pink flowers at the end. If anyone has any ideas what this is I'd be very greatful! Thanks

I would like to identify a tree in my yard?
Contact your county extension agent. They can come out and look at your tree and identify it for you. Or, pull a leaf off, and take it to them. They should be able to help you. That's what they're there for.
Reply:Need more info. A picture would help.


More details would be necessary such as:


what state are you in?


Is the tree more like 10 feet tall or 30 feet tall?


are the leaf stems opposite or alternate?


are the leaf edges toothed, lobed, or smooth?


How many petals are on the flowers? Are they all the same size or are they shaped strangely?





Try an image search for honeysuckle. There are some shrubs in this family that have pink flowers on long tubes.


No comments:

Post a Comment